ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires a dedicated individual with a bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, or nonprofit management; or 5+ years of comparable nonprofit accounting experience. This is a full-time position accountable for the financial and personnel records for the organization at the LARA site as well as its off-site locations. Responsibilities include all financial activities, reporting on revenue, training accounting staff, budgeting, risk management, implementing policies, and improving financial processes.
- Monitors all program finances in compliance of state, federal, and board policies
- Drafts and maintains budget with Executive Director (ED) for the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) and Lafayette School Corporation (LSC) grant
- Manages Lafayette Educational Opportunities (LEO) 501c3 accounting records
- Produces all financial reports for LEO board, LSC, DWD, and other grant providers
- Reconciles accounts for checks and balances with Accounting Clerk
- Collaborates with Marketing Development Director with fundraising responsibilities
- Coordinates with external firms for audit and tax functions
- Oversees donation procedures
- Defines company policies and implements training
- Manages hiring procedures and assists with job description creation
- Maintains and negotiates contracts with vendors
- Approves supply requests, accounts payable vouchers, and payroll
- Assists in forming grant proposals
- Attends quarterly check-in with ED and LSC business office
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, non-profit management, or similar field; or 5+ years in nonprofit accounting required.
- QuickBooks or similar accounting software experience required.
- Knowledge and expertise working with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with State Board of Accounts financing preferred.