English Language Learning
***DUE TO COVID-19, WE ARE NOW OFFERING SOME OF OUR CLASSES ONLINE. WE ARE NOT ABLE TO OFFER CHILDCARE AT THIS TIME.***
- Begin by completing the registration on-line by clicking the “Enroll Now” button on this page.
- We will call you to make an advising and assessment appointment.
- We will assist you with technology if needed.
- We have translations services on our webpage. Request assistance for appointments.
Whether you’re looking to learn English for the first time or you want to improve your English skills, we at LARA offer English Language Learning (ELL) classes at the Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels.
Students come to LARA from many international cultures.
- Learn how to become engaged in our local communities.
- Strengthen your reading, writing, and vocabulary
- Share your traditions and customs.
- Engage in Civic Education and Citizenship Classes.
- Practice listening and conversation
- Learn spelling, grammar, punctuation, and comprehension
Steps To Develop Your English Skills
Step 2: Start Orientation Process
An advisor at LARA will meet with you and other students in a small group to explain what services, resources, and support we offer to help you enhance your English skills. You will be guided through LARA’s policies, procedures, and expectations during this orientation process.
Step 3: Take A Pre-Test
You will take a test known as the TABE CLAS-E which assesses your current English skills in reading, listening, writing, and speaking. Your test results from this exam inform you, your advisors, and your teachers about your current skill level as well as which class level you should be placed in.
Step 4: Attend Class
You will meet your teacher and get to know your fellow classmates. Class time is where you get to learn and develop your English language skills.
Step 5: Take a Post-Test
Depending on which class level you are in (Beginning, Intermediate, Advanced), you will take the TABE CLAS-E Test every 30-50 hours of attending class. This tracks the progress you make in your English skills and identifies areas that need improvement. Your post-test scores may also give you the opportunity to advance to a higher-level class.
Are you ready to get started?
Follow the link below to register and start learning English. Please note this button will redirect you to our enrollment portal: www.pathway4ward.org
Do you have more questions?
Click the button below to give us a little information, and we will get back to you shortly.